MICHAEL R. KADOCH PA.
MK REAL ESTATE & CORPORATE LAW FIRM
Michael R. Kadoch P.A is one of the premier firms in southeast Florida concentrating on residential and commercial real estate transactions, and related services. Call Us Today For A FREE Consultation.
PREMIER LAW FIRM
We mirror our clients’ focus on their business and family by servicing their legal needs in the areas of real estate, land development, transaction and business succession planning.
What To Expect When Selling Your Home
You should select a title closing attorney who shall look after your interest and professional real estate agent to represent your needs. Once you establish a working relationship with your attorney and agent, your home is put on the market and marketed to potential buyers. Once a buyer makes an offer on your home you have three options: accept the offer, counter the offer, or reject the offer. After you accept an offer you can expect to do the following:
- Escrow is opened and buyer deposits “earnest money” into escrow.
- Seller submits documents and information to escrow holder, such as:
- addresses of lien holders
- tax receipts
- equipment warranties
- home warranty contracts (if any)
- any leases and/or rental agreements.
- Seller approves and signs the escrow instructions, grant deed and other related documents required to complete the transaction.
- Seller orders inspections, receives clearances and approves final reports and/or repairs to the property as required by the terms of the purchase and sale agreement (responsibility for inspection procedures may vary).
- Buyer and Seller fulfill any remaining conditions specified in the contract and/or escrow instructions; approves the payoff demands and/or beneficiary’s statements.
- Buyer and Seller approve any final changes by signing amendments to the escrow instructions or contract.
Note: The above is general information only. Your situation may differ. Please consult your attorney and real estate professional for details about your specific situation.
Get in Touch!